I guess you could say that I've been running since I was in elementary school. I can remember my dad would go for a run and he would let me run with him for his first mile. I also remember running the one mile loop in our neighborhood with my best friend. I moved on to track in junior high, and track and cross country in high school. I always loved running, well as much as one can love that kind of torture. Now as a busy wife and mom, it has been very off and on, but I always come back. This blog is a place for me to keep track of my on and off running life.


Saturday, October 23, 2010

October 23, 2010

  • 8 miles
  • In the 50's
  • 139.0 lbs.
  • Weekly mileage: 26
  • Mileage since starting blog: 50
I would have had a time, as a matter of fact, I was really wondering how my time would be today. But, I forgot Grace's watch(mine quit) and somehow my cell phone erased my time when I stopped to talk to a neighbor. Argh. I know it doesn't matter, but I just like to know. Oh well. I had Brooke drive me out 8 miles and I ran home. I like running that way, it seems to go so much faster than going out and back. I also really like running on the highway instead of the gravel. I did clock a couple of new routes this morning with Sophia. But they were both 9 mile routes, mostly gravel, and one had an almost 1/2 mile hill. I didn't figure I wanted to conquer that on my first 9 mile run. I actually thought about running 9 or 10 today, but when I got sidetracked by the neighbor it was hard to get going again so I gave up on that. But by the weariness in my body tonight, I think that it's probably a good thing I didn't push it!

No comments:

Post a Comment