I guess you could say that I've been running since I was in elementary school. I can remember my dad would go for a run and he would let me run with him for his first mile. I also remember running the one mile loop in our neighborhood with my best friend. I moved on to track in junior high, and track and cross country in high school. I always loved running, well as much as one can love that kind of torture. Now as a busy wife and mom, it has been very off and on, but I always come back. This blog is a place for me to keep track of my on and off running life.


Thursday, October 21, 2010

October 21, 2010

  • 7 miles
  • 1:15:54
  • In the 60's, breezy
  • 138.8 lbs.
What a beautiful day for a run! It was perfect out. The sky was completely clear, it was gorgeous. The sun was bright and there was a jet flying over that looked so cool up there with no clouds at all. I saw a deer or antelope. The sun was blinding me and it was pretty far away, but cool to see regardless. I smelled a skunk, thankful to not see one! I could hear the dried out weeds rustling in the ditches and the oil wells working as I ran past. Music to the ears of a driller's wife. The best part was coming home to my girls who were outside playing and so happy to see I made it home! I am curious to see how my Saturday 8 mile run goes after running 7 today. Normally I would only run 5 today, but after I ate way over my weight watcher's points yesterday, I new I would have to pay the price and add on some mileage...let's just hope it helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment