I guess you could say that I've been running since I was in elementary school. I can remember my dad would go for a run and he would let me run with him for his first mile. I also remember running the one mile loop in our neighborhood with my best friend. I moved on to track in junior high, and track and cross country in high school. I always loved running, well as much as one can love that kind of torture. Now as a busy wife and mom, it has been very off and on, but I always come back. This blog is a place for me to keep track of my on and off running life.


Thursday, October 14, 2010

October 14, 2010

  • 5 miles
  • 54:23
  • Maybe in the upper 60's? No wind.
  • 138.2 lbs.
I had a great run with Brandy tonight. It is so nice to have a running partner just up the road. It makes the run so much easier. It's too bad she gave up at four miles and made me do the last mile alone. HA! Just kidding! I only put that because I know she will read this. What really happened is that she was in a hurry and I wasn't even ready when she got here. It had been one of those days. Of course it is always one of those days at my house. So anyway, we drive out our five miles and she opens her door only to hear a very strange sound. I was wondering what it could be, it sounded like air leaking from somewhere in the ditch. Very weird. But no, it wasn't from something in the ditch or at a nearby well site. It was her tire! Sure enough we looked and she had this huge metal thing sticking into her tire. We decided to see how far towards her house we could get and made it about a mile to a neighbors house. We left her vehicle there and ran back to my place. Knowing she had a lot of things to do tonight, including get her tire changed and vehicle home, she decided she better stop running when we got to my place. But she was nice enough to let me borrow her awesome GPS watch so I could finish up my last mile. I kind of wish I would have "forgotten" to give it back...hee, hee, hee...

No comments:

Post a Comment