I guess you could say that I've been running since I was in elementary school. I can remember my dad would go for a run and he would let me run with him for his first mile. I also remember running the one mile loop in our neighborhood with my best friend. I moved on to track in junior high, and track and cross country in high school. I always loved running, well as much as one can love that kind of torture. Now as a busy wife and mom, it has been very off and on, but I always come back. This blog is a place for me to keep track of my on and off running life.


Monday, July 20, 2015

Monday, July 20, 2015

  • 1 mile
  • 14:53
  • 159.8
My first day back at it.  I hope I can continue.  I am doing this for me this time.  I need to do something for myself.  I'm hoping to use this running time to think and just be by myself.  I need that!  Funny story about my run this morning...I ran down to the bridge which is my half way point.  When I turned around and looked at my time I thought it said about 21 minutes.  Whoa!!  I couldn't believe I was actually running that slow!  I was thinking I could be walking faster than that and wow I seriously have never been so out of shape.  Well when I got back to the house and finished my run and checked my time, you can imagine my relief when my time was just under 15 minutes.  Phew!!  I'm not sure how I read that so completely wrong.  I'm also not sure how I believed I could run that slow! 

No comments:

Post a Comment