I guess you could say that I've been running since I was in elementary school. I can remember my dad would go for a run and he would let me run with him for his first mile. I also remember running the one mile loop in our neighborhood with my best friend. I moved on to track in junior high, and track and cross country in high school. I always loved running, well as much as one can love that kind of torture. Now as a busy wife and mom, it has been very off and on, but I always come back. This blog is a place for me to keep track of my on and off running life.


Monday, November 8, 2010

October 30, 2010

  • 9 miles
  • Weekly Mileage: 20.25
  • Mileage since starting blog: 70.25
It's been so long now since I ran this that I don't remember my time. I do remember how hard it was though! I made the mistake of running my first 9 mile run on a route with a tremendous hill. It is a long hill, maybe not too steep, but it's a killer. I hope to get some pictures sometime to show you what I mean. Oh and I guess it probably wouldn't be so bad, but probably just not a good idea to add a mile at the same time as a big hill on my long run. I also thought my route would be right at 9 miles, but it was closer to 10 miles. I thought I would make it 10 and was quite excited. But shortly after the hill I realized quickly that I would be lucky to make it 9. I did make it a little over 9 and then my body literally just quit. No more. I was even walking like a cripple. Oh, but of course I could just call for a ride, right? No. No, I sent my cell phone with Brandy when I dropped her off!! I was so mad, I just wanted to crawl into the ditch and die! I walked about a 1/2 mile and then Josh and the girls came by in the pick up and I got a ride back to my van. Note to self...bring the cell phone the whole way, all the time, no matter what.

No comments:

Post a Comment